Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Paralysis

The video completely summed up many things in my life. I have waited for so long on finishing my degree because I wasn't really sure what choice to make - education-wise.  I have so many interests and natural talents, I just didn't want to make a decision, then end up regretting that decision, thinking I should have taken another path.  So when the speaker talked about "paralysis" I could totally relate.

Not only has this affected my education choices, it has affected my life. I sit in my big beautiful home - looking at bare white walls. Why? Simply because when I go to Home Depot, or Lowes, in search of paint for the walls - I literally become so overwhelmed with the various colors and swatches, that I just turn and walk away. Also, visits to stores like Garden Ridge, At Home, Bed Bath and Beyond, are pointless. I search through all the options of home decor and always leave the store empty handed. Smh...

So the concept of "fishbowling" has somewhat intrigued me. This assignment - with the egg - essentially would have ended up the same as my home...untouched. I'm going to pick a subject and somehow apply it to the egg. Essentially forcing myself to make a decision with more limited options...I think I may try that with my house too! We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment