Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Coloring book

"Why in the world would an instructor allow a coloring book of my choice to be the required textbook for class?" I heard those words whispered among my fellow students when it was first announced. 
So why would she allow this? My thought is because the instructor is a very open minded - outside the box thinker and wants to really create an environment where each student can really open up as well, coloring books allow people to create and use their imaginations with no boundaries - except for the lines on the page. And maybe the instructor wants to push us to see who will create beyond those set boundaries and who will stay within the imaginar confines of the page. I think having the courage to break the creative boundaries and do whatever you see fit is one of the premises of this class. To reach beyond what you see before you and really open up to what lies within you can be an interesting creative journey and I beleive a coloring book present an opportunity to explore your own personal journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment