Monday, February 2, 2015

Polly Wolly Doodle all the day

Doodling has always been a natural thing for me to do whenever I'm in meetings or lectures. I always thought it was me really losing focus but the video mentioned it actually helps to be more focused. I don't know if I really agree with that. I tend to doodle in meetings/lectures when the content becomes long and boring. I feel like doodling is my escape from such boredom. 
And in considering the 4 "s" concepts, I can see how they actually interplay with the creative process. The creative process is completely comprised of the concepts. Synchronicity - whatever is created will have some form of elements that work together in some aspect. Serendipity - when creating something - it's nice to find unexpected pleasure in what has been created. Spontaneity - I've found that some of the best works come from unplanned ideas. And lastly Surrender - truly opening the mind and allowing the vastness of your life and experiences to influence your creations can have amazing results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment