Monday, May 4, 2015

Altered Book

The idea of combining biology and technology is awesome. I had actually wondered if there was a way to "eat" something and change the smell of your body odor. I knew there were some things that people would eat and the smell would emit through their skin. The combination of technology and the human body is an amazing thing and I believe it is the way of the future.

I'm not against combining media arts with your body either. I support it. New ways of creating as well as new creations are evolving everyday. I embrace it.

The transformation of this book into something that represents me has been a wonderful experience. It allowed me to really have a self analysis session.  This entire journey in this class has been a therapeutic journey.

What is identity of self in the digital world?
I originally did not really think about "identity of self" prior to this class. But this class made me realize there is so much more to who I am, than what I have actually shown. And, I have an idea of how to identify my self within my digital art. There is a deepness that has been missing from my work. I've tapped into that now, and will actually incorporate ME into my digital works from now on.

All the exercises / assignments in this class helped me to get to know some of the deepest parts of me - parts of me that I knew existed, but gave no special attention to. This book project really helped me to identify those "parts" and allowed me time to have some introspective thinking - in an effort to heal myself, strengthen myself, and praise myself. It was much needed. It may not seem like much to someone else, but this altered book project was really enlightening.


No comments:

Post a Comment