Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Semester Takeaway

I made it through this semester. And though I know this class was supposed to enhance creativity, the projects and assignments presented more of a therapeutic value to me. Each assignment made me think - about me - in ways that I had never spent time doing.  It opened wounds of my life and allowed me to analyze them and work on healing them. Maybe these wounds and insecurities are what have held me back from being openly creative. I know I was supposed to spend time being creative with my projects, but I actually spent time thinking about what the symbolism was in each project and how did it apply to my life. I think this semester made me see myself from a different perspective - sideways I guess...I've questioned my most inner being throughout this entire semester and I came out with a new understanding of 'me'. Now it's time to build a better me. There should be a Seeing Sideways part 2. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment