Monday, March 2, 2015

Who am I and why am I here?

I did my own blind contour drawing of a chair with a jacket hanging on the side of it. In the act of drawing this, many thoughts ran through my mind - "Am I making the right choices as to when I move up or down, and across? Is this going to look anything like what I imagine it looks like in my mind? Will it be recognizable? Etc..." As I did the drawing I paid attention to the lines of the objects and how they connected with one another. I became innately aware of all the elements of the view I saw before me. Shadows, lines, shades, all present within my view however the method I was using to reconstruct on paper did not really allow me to draw in that manner. But what I realized was because I was not trying to draw so detailed in the beginning, it allowed me to notice all the details that actually existed within the physical composition I was observing.  So how did this exercise apply to who I am and my purpose here?

Well I think this was a perfect illustration of the internal struggles that exist within me all the time. I'm constantly wondering if I'm making the right choices and will things turn out the way I envision them. I think this has revealed to me that although I portray myself to be a confident women, truly on the inside I am never actually sure or confident of the decisions I make. I just go with the flow , do my best, and hope it turns out the way I think it should. Fortunately throughout my life, things have seemed to always work out for me. Maybe I'm just lucky!
As far as my purpose, I honestly believe I am here to help people in anyway I can. People seem to pull from the strength and confidence I portray and have faith that things will work out for them. I always offer my help and help others realize that things are never going to turn out the exact way we envision them, but we should always just put forth our best efforts and let whatever happens happen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment