Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Class takeaway 2/23/15

I missed class due to my work obligations. So I've been contemplating on how my day "working" lends to my creativity. After thinking long and hard, I feel as if it actually takes away from my creativity. Yesterday I focused long and hard on spreadsheets and numbers. It is a very monotonous job with a lot of pressure and strict deadlines. I have to do logical thinking for hours on end instead of opening up my mind and allowing myself to become "aware" of the  things around me that evoke creativity. I have to have tunnel vision on my work projects and cannot stray beyond the rules - I essentially have to color within the lines at all times in my position. I wish my position had more freedom of interpretation of thoughts and opportunities to include my own feelings / emotions. 

So when I do get the opportunity to create- I now allow myself to become aware of the sounds and smells of things around me - like we discussed in a previous class. I open myself up to think beyond the borders of ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment