Monday, February 23, 2015

"Bible" dipping - (re-used)

So the word to focus on is "re-used"... I looked up the word in the dictionary to see how it was defined and compare that to my own personal definition. The Free Dictionary stated:
tr.v. re·usedre·us·ingre·us·es To use again, especially after salvaging or special treatment or processing.
My definition was to use over again...so I was pretty much aligned with the formal definition. So my experiment consisted of something very simple  - a straw.

I made my kids take their straws from their McDonald's cups and "REUSE" them. I pulled mine out as well. Immediately my son started tapping the straw on the side of the cup - making a beat....and my daughter used her straw as a microphone and started singing, I blew into my straw making a sound - instantly we were a musical band made of straws. They were really enjoying themselves so I told them to hold on to their straws because we would do something more with them.

That evening, I told them to grab their straws so we could "reuse" them again. After they grabbed their straws, I instructed them to hold onto their straws and run in place. After a good 10 minutes of them jogging (and complaining), I told them to stop and hold the straw in their mouth. Once they did that, I told them to pinch their noses closed and only breathe through the straws simulating how people with asthma feel when they are having asthma attacks. They could barely take a breath at all. The straws' holes weren't big enough to allow them to take in as much oxygen as they needed. They immediately let go of their noses and pulled the straws out of their mouths in order to catch their breath.

That was my experiment for "reused".

No comments:

Post a Comment