Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Class Takeaway 2/16/15

Well I realized in class yesterday that I have a bunch of roadblocks when it comes to creativity and expressing myself. I also thought long and hard about this blogging stuff and I also realize I'm just not that comfortable putting my thoughts on the internet. I find it to be very uncomfortable. I listen to the various classmates when they share their thoughts, and deep inner feelings - and I'm in awe that they do it so comfortably. While I have many thoughts about many things, I often keep them to myself. I think that was something instilled in me as a child - much like many of the creative limitations I have - e.g. coloring inside the lines, being neat and organized with my displays, keeping control over the layout, etc. I am not without deep thoughts and profound expressions, I just keep them inside - more to myself. I'm not sure why - and I don't know if that will ever change. But this class remains an eye opener for me - personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment